Do you tend to be a night owl?
No, I do not think so. In fact, everyone wants to be full of energy, mentally sharp, and productive. It is well known that you can reach these desiderata only through a good night sleep.
However, not everyone knows that simply changing your bedtime habit could help you lose 25 pound every year.
Your daily routine greatly influences the quality of your sleep leading to a daily fatigue.
In fact it is very simple. If you want to improve the quality of your life and loose some weight you need a good night sleep. If you want a good sleep you need to change your lifestyle and foremost your habits.
You need to find the best sleep strategies that can lead to a nightly deep and restful sleep.
One of the best way to do that is to go to bed at least one hour before midnight.
Tests shows that during before midnight hours, your body is increase the hormones production for appetite control and also, boost your immunity system.
1. Go to sleep earlier 10 minutes every night, until you can gradually shifted to 11 pm. Then you should go to sleep at the same time every night. Try not to break or change this routine. Do not be tempted by a good book o a new movie to change again your sleep schedule. respecting the duration and sleep schedule will make a big difference.
2. You should wake up at the same time every day. This is as important as going to bed at the same time every night. Perhaps, you will first need to set an alarm clock. But you get used to the time, and your biological, internal clock will work flawlessly and you get up one morning without any help. It is important not to deviate from this rule even on your days off or weekends.
3. Take Ca (calcium) and Mg (magnesium) daily one hour before bedtime. People fall asleep easier and they wake up refreshed.
4. If you feel hungry before bedtime eat a banana 30 minutes before sleep. It helps you feel calm and relax.
5. Don’t do chores before your bedtime. Take a hot bath instead or read something. Doing this will help you melt your stress.
6. If you still can’t sleep, try to increase your exposure to the light during the day. Go outside have a walk, then keep the blinds on during the night. It is critical to forget your daily problems and worries and to relax. Now your biological clock will start working normal.