Phytotherapy or herbalism (the use of plants as medicines) has demonstrated its efficacy to relieve the discomfort caused by this annoying condition that is hemorrhoids.
These simple remedies based on seeds and plants are not invasive and can be put into practice by anyone looking to calm inflammation, pain and prevent in general the painful episodes in a natural way.
However, the main way to prevent the painful episodes and their recurrence is the compliance with a more healthy lifestyle that includes a healthy diet with an emphasis on foods rich in fiber (whole grains) – in fact, the 5 servings of vegetables and fruits recommended by nutritionists worldwide. In addition, sport plays an equally important role, because it stimulates the circulatory system, so avoid a sedentary life and include the exercise in your program at least 3 times a week.
Simple and Effective Crisis Prevention Solutions
To limit as much as possible the number of crises, try to follow the above generally valid rules and to apply in addition, some simple and effective solutions such as the consumption of:
– Chestnuts act as a muscle, vein and nerve tonic and also significantly reduce capillary permeability. For several weeks you can eat a bowl of chestnut puree sweetened with honey before breakfast and dinner. Also, you can eat the buds of horse chestnut extract.
– Flax seeds have a laxative and anti-inflammatory effect that can help your bowel. They can be used as capsules of flaxseed oil (1-2 capsules / day) or 1-2 tsp / day of ground flax seeds.
– Another excellent way to prevent crises lies in a diet for 2-3 weeks with plants that stimulate circulation in the form of infusions or capsules. Start this treatment with infusion of vine leaves, witch hazel, cypress and chestnut bark. You can prepare yourself a herbal tea to drink it daily for 2-3 weeks: 3 bags each witch hazel, cypress, chestnut peel it infuses in 500 ml of water. When the tea is ready, fill the bowl with cold water to get 1.5 liters of drink that you can drink throughout the day.
Natural Remedies to Relieve the Crises
In times of crisis, you need remedies to reduce inflammation, itching and pain:
– You can make a warm sitz bath (which it is perhaps the most effective and easiest way to ease the inflammation and pain) with a duration of about 15-20 minutes, with milfoil, calendula, comfrey, willow bark, wormwood, to relieve the symptoms.
– Poultices, infusions or concentrated decoct of chamomile, calendula, milfoil, nettle, bilberry, willow bark, Lady’s Mantle, burdock, marshmallow, elderberry are also useful.
– Cabbage can also be used as a poultice. Crush a cabbage leaf and apply it on the painful spot.
– You can also apply a poultice of clay daily for 21-30 days.
– To relieve itching, apply calendula extract oil, alternating it with ice and make a compress with warm sitz baths with walnut shells that help calm the dilated veins.