One single lemon prevent kidney stones, relieves sore throat, helps weight loss and helps balance the pH level. It is not just a fruit that gives a special taste to the food or beverage where is added. A lemon has many benefits for your body. All nutritionists agree that lemon has a high content of citric acid, antioxidants, vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, copper, magnesium and vitamin K.
Given the multitude of its nutrients it contains one lemon, let’s see the most important benefits that this fruit has on the human body.
1. A lemon reduces significantly the risk of kidney stones. These citrus fruits contain a large amount of citric acid, a chemical that reduces the excretion of calcium and helps prevent kidney stones. Two liters of lemonade daily, prepared with fresh lemon juice and as little sugar as possible – are just as effective as standard drugs citrate, doctors say.
2. Relieves sore throat. Mixing a few tablespoons of diced lemon and honey you can obtain a natural and efficient remedy against sore throat.
3. Helps weight loss. This conclusion comes from recent scientific studies whose results show that the fruits contains a lot of “pectin“, a soluble fiber that helps to maintain the feeling of satiety for a longer period of time.
4. Protects against breast cancer. “Limonene” is another natural substance located in the peel and white membrane underneath it. Experiments have shown that this substance has significant anti-tumor action. Limonene is currently being studied for its potential use in the treatment of cancer, especially of the breast.
5. Reduces fever. When cold causes fever, a cup of juice from 1-2 lemons with hot water and honey consumed every 2 hours, will certainly help to lower fever.
6. Balances PH. Lemon is believed to be the only fruit with alkaline pH participating effectively re-balance the pH level of blood.
Thank you for your time,
Read here, a great post from our website: